See part 1 here.
The re-fashioning of the bridal dress continues. I’ve finished the underskirt and begun work on the bodice.
Here’s the underskirt, inside out so I could pin the waistband for hand finishing.
I love the little train I left on it after raising it a few inches. We’ll see if the recipient likes it too, or if that’s too fancy-pantsy.
And here’s the duct-tape-dummy-style corset I made as a pattern – I literally wrapped her in duct tape and then cut it off. It ought to result in a perfect fit with just a few adjustments.
I’ve put together two very basic drafts for our first fitting session, one with a straight front (more historically accurately Renaissance) and one with a curved S-front that might provide more support and a curvier line.