Dry air

I am just about ready for winter to be over. Not yet, mind you – I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to afternoons spent with TV and knitting. But I’m getting there. My skin is itchy, the heating bills are astronomical, and I am really tired of getting shocked whenever I turn a light on or off.

And all this dry air makes for really staticky children.

4 Responses to “Dry air”

  1. debbie swickard Says:

    That was the one huge advantage of having the wood burning stove extend out from the fireplace instead of being an insert. (Mom and dad had one in their house — it sat out in nearly the middle of the living room, but we didn’t care. It was toasty warm and the folks cooked more than one or two meals on the top of that stove. Best of all, Dad kept a kettle of water on top at all times. Not only did we always have a ready supply of boiling water for making hot chocolate when we came in from playing out in the snow, there was always plenty of moisture in the air! No more getting shocked at every turn!!!

  2. diana Says:

    Oh I wish!

  3. heidi Says:

    Marvin says “get a humidifier”!

  4. Aunt Nancy Says:

    ADORABLE picture!

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

:mrgreen: :neutral: :twisted: :shock: :smile: :???: :cool: :evil: :grin: :oops: :razz: :roll: :wink: :cry: :eek: :lol: :mad: :sad: